lune

lune

8.4.16

lisa

one of the many symptoms i struggle with as a result of my illness is eye irritation + sensitivity (quelle glamour!) . .
which means that i am unable to wear eye makeup on a daily basis. . liner, mascara, shadow, nadda.

that hasn't stopped me from reading about beauty, and it certainly hasn't stopped me from making regular visits to sephora to swatch & play with colours (albeit on my hands & wrists only)

pre-illness, i was always a little hesitant to wear makeup. mostly because of my complex about my skin (which, looking back at, was actually pretty good). i would always find makeup looks i loved (chloé + lanvin were consistent runway favourites), but i lacked the self confidence to try anything out, almost always falling back on my skin insecurities as a reason for my inevitable failure.

i realize now that a little self confidence, and trial-and-error was all that was necessary.

all this brings me to one of my favourite makeup inspirations: lisa eldridge.

not only is she wildly talented, but her style and cool-girl vibe are also incredibly aspirational. weirdly enough, i love reading interviews with lisa where she talks about things other than makeup. diet, style + general attitude are far more interesting to me.


i have, below, compiled a few quotes from lisa, which reaffirms to me just how cool she truly is.


lisa eldridge into the gloss
lisa eldridge into the gloss
lisa eldridge into the gloss
 
 
"I eat a bit of a polar-bear diet," she jokes, "with lots of oily fish. I also love avocado, chia seeds and almond milk - and I've just discovered chestnut gluten-free crackers, which are delicious."

"I try to have a smoothie every morning. I blend some green powder or green leaves with half a banana, linseeds, probiotics, Udo's Choice oil, acai or dark berries, and almond milk. I'm a connoisseur of dark chocolate and I've found brands - such as Conscious and Ombar - made with natural sugars that have a lower glycaemic-index level"

"At work I'm scruffy, as I may suddenly decide to paint someone silver, but at night I wear dresses. I like vintage, Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs and Sonia Rykiel."

"I love to internet shop on net-a-porter.com and matchesfashion.com , but I always ask, "Will I wear this forever?" I'm a sucker for that effortless "Marais" look - a sweater or blouse with jeans and boots." 



images above are from lisa's interview on intothegloss



No comments:

Post a Comment