lune

lune

12.4.16

rediscovery


 
 
 
 
when i mention the word rediscovery, i don't mean to reinvent.
that would mean rejected all that i've experienced & all that i've learnt in this process.
it might mean that i've been embarrassed or ashamed of who i used to be.
 
but i realize that i can't be who i want to be unless i embrace the person i used to be.
 
for me, in my journey, i want to be able to learn from my past experiences.
to learn why i acted in certain ways, what i was afraid of, and how i treated myself.
what i am inspired by, and aspire to be, hasn't changed much over the years. what has
changed is my willingness to ask myself difficult questions, examine the why's behind
my mentality, and be unabashedly, brutally honest with myself about my internal dialogue.
 
and the answers, really, come down to this:
self love & confidence
 
i had neither as a teenager and in my mid 20s. and it pigeon holed me into a space where
i questioned everything . .  and risked nothing. i would constantly tell myself that once
i had achieved x i would do y, never quite realizing how unimportant my pursuit of x was.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment