lune

lune

14.4.16

malgosia

 malgosia bela




have you ever paid attention to someone when they gossip or
speak harshly about someone?
their faces change . .their entire aura changes.
 
one thing i've learnt is that if i'm feeling horrible about myself
(and trust me, when you have on-going health issues, this happens fairly
routinely. .), i take it out on others: mostly in the form of gossip / complaining
about people and (unknowingly) feeling sorry for myself in the process.
 
this reminds me of an article i read about  malgosia bela, in which she talks
 
The older I get, the more I feel like myself. It’s like I don’t have to pretend anymore. I have a child and a family, and every year I become more comfortable with my own face, body, and character. I think that actually shows on your face. Even people who are very beautiful, but are jealous and mean, have this kind of grimace on their face all of the time, or they will say something ugly and the charm is gone. 
 
this is so true. and i think gossip and general meanness reveals more
about you than you'd like. things like insecurities and low self esteem.
that's not to say that i could realistically be positive all of the time, a little complaining
is healthy, especially if you're in a stressful situation, but it does remind me to
ask myself which part of me is hurting, which part of me is angry, before
i lash out.
 
if that sounds like too much work . . well, yes. it probably is a lot of work.
but the alternative is not examining your life, and not acknowledging your
fears and insecurities.
 
i reckon its worth the effort.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment