lune

lune

23.4.16

rebecca

rebecca dayan intothegloss
rebecca dayan intothegloss

 
 
 
in·sou·ci·ance/inˈso͞osēəns,ˌaNso͞oˈsyäNs/
noun
a relaxed and calm state : a feeling of not worrying about anything; lighthearted unconcern


 
 
'I’d say I’m French in my approach to beauty: I’m easy-going. Of course, I love to dress up. Who doesn’t?  But a year ago, I got really scared of all the toxic things that are in beauty products. I mean, I smoke, I drink, I’m not a vegan, I eat like a French person, so pretty healthy, but with ice cream and candy.'
 
- rebecca dayan, on beauty

 
 
 lately i've been feeling a bit anxious - about my health, work . . life in general.
the second i feel like something has fallen into place, it seems to magically
fall apart not long after.
i remembered this article from into the gloss that i read many years ago,
and it reminded me of the attitude that i admire so much.

this attitude of insousiance.

even her body language exudes nonchalance.
it's the complete opposite of how i'm feeling at the moment - generally
worried about everything in my life. how i long to relax and feel at ease!
but as many people who have been through chronic illnesses will tell you,
it's difficult. . sometimes it feels impossible.


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment